The Buffalo Christian Academy shows up every month to help us unload the Food Truck. Lately, its been in the cold and snowy weather. These kids are the best, they never complain they just come in and get the job done. Plus we do a lot of laughing and smiling.
Volunteering is an excellent way for kids to learn valuable life skills and develop positive character traits. Here are some reasons why it is important for children to volunteer:
- Develops Empathy: Volunteering allows children to interact with people from different backgrounds, and this helps them to develop empathy and understanding towards others. They learn to appreciate diversity, and this helps to build tolerance, compassion and respect towards others.
- Builds Self-Esteem: Volunteering helps children to feel valued and important. They learn that their actions can make a positive difference in the lives of others, and this can boost their confidence and self-esteem.
- Teaches Responsibility: When children volunteer, they are given responsibilities and tasks to complete. This helps them to learn the importance of taking responsibility for their actions, being accountable and dependable.
- Develops Teamwork Skills: Volunteering often requires working with others towards a common goal. Children learn to work collaboratively and contribute to a group effort. This teaches them the importance of teamwork and communication.
- Fosters Civic Engagement: Volunteering teaches children the importance of being active members of their communities. They learn that they can have an impact on society and that their voices matter. This can help to foster a sense of civic engagement and responsibility.
Thank you BCA for teaching our children the importance of volunteering and giving back. Your school is doing amazing things!